WHAT will happen at the September 18‑19 RETREAT at Pilgrim Center?
It’s always a treat to spend time at beautiful Pilgrim Center on Green Lake. We are looking forward to greeting old friends and meeting newcomers, singing and worshipping together, learning more details about our rehearsal year and plans for Germany.
Our numbers will swell on Saturday as others from around the state join us for a Gospel Workshop, where we will all learn together some of the 2016 Tour Choir repertoire—so folks who just love gospel music and also those who might want to join the Gospellers year-round can share the same music with us!
Below is the general outline of the retreat. Do encourage others in your network to join us on Saturday. We are eager to welcome you all!
Retreat agenda Friday night
- Arrive any time around 6:00 or so (earlier if you want to explore Pilgrim Center)
- 6:30 Registration, room assignments, settle in, fellowship
Tour Choir receives informal and formal concert attire (red “God is still speaking” T-shirt, tie/scarf, tote bag, music folder, etc)
- 7:00 Opening Devotions and Community Building
- 7:30 Rehearsal (Orientation break at 8:15)
- 9:00 Refreshments, Socializing, Sweet Repose
Saturday Workshop/Rehearsal agenda
GOSPEL WORKSHOP format 10:00 to 4:30 (open to public) for Tour Choir, current and former Gospellers, all gospel music lovers
INVITE YOUR FRIENDS and others in your congregation/community!
- Workshop flyer and Registration form attached to previous email—pass them on!
- Please share the information with others of all ages who might enjoy the workshop and urge them to register ASAP!
- Workshop fee for non-Tour Choir participants
$35 ◊ $20 students ◊ includes lunch
- Tour Choir members are automatically registered for the workshop
- 8:00 Breakfast for tour choir
(Time for packing up and stripping linens)
- 9:00 Registration for one-day participants and fellowship
- 10:00 to 4:30 Gospel Workshop led by Martin with Section Leaders
Learn several songs by ear (music also provided) in large group and sections
Three rehearsal segments with two breaks: Lunch and Announcements
- 4:30 DEPARTURE
Please wear red “GOD IS STILL SPEAKING” T-shirts to WORKSHOP on Saturday
That way day participants will recognize Tour Choir members!