The WISCONSIN GOSPELLERS
offer an EXCITING OPPORTUNITY
to Sing Your Hearts Out in Germany
June 29 to July 14, 2016
WHO: Enthusiastic SINGERS interested in spreading the “Good News” through gospel music. A maximum of 35 singers and musicians can go on the tour. Only a few spaces left.
WHAT: Sharing a year of international choir fellowship via African-American music.
- Performing with German choirs, under an established Ecumenical Partnership.
- Singing in 11 different locations in Germany, while traveling around the country.
- Staying with Host Families, learning about their way of life, making friendships.
WHEN: June 29 – July 14, 2016 (Note: 2-week tour; extend your stay AFTER the trip only)
WHERE: Centered in Eberswalde (former East Germany), an hour north of Berlin
WHY: Experience the JOY of learning and singing great gospel music. Grow in FAITH.
HOW: PREPARATION includes: Retreats, September Workshop, monthly Second Saturday Rehearsals, Pre-trip Concert at WI Conference UCC Annual Meeting, June 2016.
COST: $3,450 (special discounted rate) INCLUDES
- Retreats, gospel workshop, monthly rehearsals, printed music, practice CDs, professional musical leadership (including section leaders and soloists)
- Round-trip airfare from Chicago to Berlin.
- In Germany, all housing, meals, transport, entrance fees provided by our hosts.
- Scholarships are available to subsidize up to 25% of the trip cost.
Note: To fully support the UCC-UEK ecumenical partnership for biennial alternating exchange tours we would have to charge approximately $500 more per person to cover the expenses of hosting a 2018 Wisconsin tour for the German choir. Instead, we are offering the $3450 special discount rate and trusting that participants who are able and Friends of the Wisconsin Gospellers will contribute generously to this ecumenical ministry.
CONTRIBUTION: Please consider a tax-deductible gift of $500 (or another amount) toward the full cost of this on-going gospel music ministry of our Conference.
REGISTRATION: Registration is available ONLINE ONLY ($250 deposit): Register here.
TRAVEL: Direct flights on AirBerlin from Chicago to Berlin and return. Individual tour participants are responsible for getting to and from Ohare.
PACE OF THE TOUR: These trips can be strenuous. Germans are used to walking, so anyone wishing to go must be prepared to walk a couple of miles in any one day.
QUESTIONS? Contact Fritz West firstname.lastname@example.org